"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." — Matthew 28:19-20
Jesus' command and promise above are the last words he spoke before ascending to heaven. The first thing to know about missions is that they're all about being like Jesus. Jesus left the comfort of heaven to go on a mission to seek and save what was lost (Luke 19:10). Now God sends us on mission into our neighborhoods, our region, and even to places we may never go otherwise to continue Jesus' mission by sharing everything Jesus has shared with us (Acts 1:8).
Southland supports mission work around the world. With each project we support we strive to care for each missions partner, be actively involved with each partner and share the love of Christ through each partner. We cannot financially support every worthy missions project around the world, but we do prayerfully consider every work that comes before us as we listen for how God wants Southland to be a part of what He is doing all over the world. Join us as we extend hope to the poor.
2013 Short Term Trips
Short term trips are a great way to understand what we're doing all over the world. If you'd like to know more about what these trips are about, or want to look into going with us, contact Andy.
||7/22-7/30||Trip with Lifeline to build houses, facilitate meal program||15||$1950|
||8/3-8/9||High School Ministry/Amplify trip with YWAM||20||$3500|
||10/3-10/11||Trip for Child Sponsors to visit their kids||10||$3100|
||10/21-10/30||Lifeline Women's mission trip. Minister to Honduran ladies and girls.||TBA||$1875|
||10/25-11/3||Working with Sonlight||15||$1700|
||TBD||Lifeline food distribution for our million meal pack||30||$1500|
*Dates, team sizes, and costs are estimated.
Additional trips are available directly through these missions organizations:
Food for the Hungry | Mission Finder | Medical Missions | Short Term Missions Dot Com | North West Haiti Christian Mission
A partner is a person, persons, or an organization who have felt a similar call by God in global outreach and work together with Southland to achieve those goals. View our partners.
- We partner with TCM International, who provides training and equipping for Christian workers from all over Europe and the world. For many years Southland has supported TCM at Haus Edelweiss through scholarships for the students and short-term trips. This partnership is all about serving those that are on the field sharing the love of Jesus to others.
- Cincinnati, OH
- The John Wilson Center for Urban and Global Outreach at Cincinnati Christian University educates, encourages and equips students and the Christian community to serve.
- Food for the Hungry is supporting a nutrition project and building relationships in Eastern DR Congo.
- Adrian and Jennifer Fehl and Jake and Erin Moore are working in the remote countryside of Ethopia in a small village helping with community needs and planting churches through CMF International.
- Jon Wessel and Cady Calvert are planting churches and working in the area of educational development with Sonlight Ministries.
- Joplin, MO
- We partner in ministry with Ozark Christian College professors that have and will personally share in Mozambique and other locations Southland serves.
- Food for the Hungry is supporting the Church Strengthening Program and working with pastors and villages in the Sofala District of Mozambique.
- New York City
- The Orchard Group is working towards five church plants in five years called the "It's Up to You" campaign. Pastor CT Abraham from Kerala, India is the lead pastor.
- South Africa
- Sam Kunhiyop is the past Provost of JETS Seminary in Nigeria and is now a professor at the South African Theological Seminary. Sam is assisting Southland in the works in Mozambique.
- Southeast Asia
- Developing programs in English education for children.
We'd love to connect with you if you're interested in getting involved with mission work at Southland.
- Missions Staff
- Southland Missions on Facebook
- Mission Photos on Flickr