We threw together a few bullet points to update you on where we are in the construction process. As always, you can actually see what's happening with the webcams. But if you like hearing about the technical mumbo jumbo, there's always some fun stuff to share...
- We had a great summer to get out of the ground at Richmond Road. Construction activities have moved better than expected.
- Deep foundations or Caisson are 100% complete.
- Installation of footings are 85% complete.
- Interior demolition of the old Dillards is 98% complete.
- Demolition of canopy along west elevation of old Dillards is underway, with plans to remove steel structure starting tomorrow.
- EOP Architects completed the Contract Drawings and were submitted to LFUCG on September 13 for Final Permitting.
- Messer Construction sent out the Contract Drawings for bidding September 15 to selected subcontractors with bids due on October 6th. We have 22 different work catagories we are bidding.
- Structural Steel for the new Auditorium will begin on October 3 with completion of the steel frame to be complete by November 10.
You can keep checking back for construction goodies and whatnots. We'll try to keep a weekly update going here on the Richmond Road Blog.