Pray for People to Come to Christ
Nothing is more important than prayer. It is the arm that moves the hand of God. Praying for people to come to Christ is one prayer that is always in God’s will. The Bible says, “God is not willing that any should perish, but that everyone would come to Him.” (2 Peter 3:9; 1 Timothy 2:3-4)
Your prayer is part of His plan in drawing people to Him. Prayer is partnering with God’s spirit to bring about God’s purposes. (Romans 8:26-27; 1 Kings 18:41-46; James 5:16-20) On the Cross, Jesus labored in prayer over us. “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.” (Luke 23:34). God answered His prayer, (John 12:32) and He will answer your prayers for others as well.
Here are some specific ways you can pray for friends who need to come to Christ.
- “God, open their eyes to the emptiness of life without you.”
- “Help them see their need for forgiveness.”
- “Protect them from deception, confusion and lies about spiritual things.” (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).
- “Destroy strongholds of disbelief and pride in their life” (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
- “Send other influencers (people) and influences into their lives to point them to You.”
- “Let them feel Your love and presence.”
Here are some things you can pray for yourself as you try to influence others.
- “Help me to be authentic and real.”
- “Help me to be patient and kind.”
- “Allow them to see You in me.”
- “Use me to point others to You.”
- “Give me discernment and courage to know what to say and when.”
- “Help me to commit the results of my prayers and efforts to you.” (1 Corinthians 3:6-7)
Think about this: everyone will spend eternity somewhere. If there really is a heaven and there really is a hell, could anything in life be more important than helping people find God? The one thing the devil doesn’t want any of us to do, is pray. Why not take a minute or two right now to pray for some people you know who need Christ? Pray with confidence. You’re partnering with God! (1 John 5:14-15)