#JourneySCC - Week 4
C.S. Lewis said, “Humility isn’t thinking less of yourself. It’s thinking of yourself less.” Amanda’s message this weekend was a great reminder of that truth. I hope you were able to catch it and I hope God’s teaching you something through the book of Philippians. Here’s a few #JourneySCC action steps for us to take on this journey toward humility.
- Read Philippians this week during your lunch breaks and ask God how He wants you to serve others with true humility. Here’s a reading plan to help.
- Think about yourself less—write an encouraging note to one of your co-workers today.
- Is there any place you need to admit you were wrong and apologize to someone this week?
- Memorize Philippians 2:3-4. “Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.”
- Download this week’s phone background to this week’s passage fresh on your eyes all week long. Just click on the link below.
- Don’t forget to download the Spotify playlist below and make your way through some of the worship music from this past weekend.
- Lastly, let us (and everyone else) know what you’re learning. Post something to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #JourneySCC. For for this week, throw #Humility on there, too!