1617: A Look Backward. A Look Forward. - Monday
But then I recall all you have done, Oh Lord; I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago. They are constantly in my thoughts. I cannot stop thinking about your mighty works. Psalm 77:11-12
Yesterday Jon shared some incredible things about Southland. I’m so pumped about it I want to share some of them again. In 2016 at Southland:
- There were 1,751 students actively involved in our life changing Student Ministries
- Our Refuge Clinics served more than 2,000 patients with free care
- 450 backpacks were filled and distributed to kids in need every week
- 239 people went on a life changing missions trip
- We served 1794 guests at our Jesus Prom for friends with mental and/or physical challenges
- 600 people were baptized
- Over a half a million dollars were given, outright, to people in need
- 900 people found healing and hope through counseling resources
God continues to do amazing things in our midst and this week we’re going to take time to look back and then look forward. God’s chosen people, the Jews, had seven festivals they celebrated every year and most of them did this very thing. They were designed to remind the people of God’s faithfulness and future promises. They celebrated because God had delivered and rescued them through many difficult challenges.
In 2016 the highlight of my year came on the very first day. My oldest son Jordan was baptized on New Year’s Day. Years of praying and discipling by my wife and I were realized in that moment. We now get to celebrate his new life in Christ on the first day of every year.
- So as we get 2017 started let’s take one more chance to look back at all God has done for us. What is the best thing God did in your life in 2016?